Banana Cinnamon Skillet Cake that makes the perfect breakfast or after dinner treat!
BANANA. CINNAMON. SKILLET. CAKE. I can’t believe I haven’t shared this with you guys yet but I am now and I am so very excited about it. Since I am the queen of having overripe bananas (I seriously cannot figure out how many to buy each week without them going bad…) and I recently got my cast iron skillet, I knew I wanted to create some sort of delicious banana bread skillet.
I will be the first person to admit that I am no cast iron professional but it has really been a lot of fun learning how to cook with it, and in this case, bake. I now use it for everything from roasting my veggies, to searing my salmon, to baking. Cast irons can be tricky when it comes to cleaning, but there are several easy videos on YouTube or the company where you got yours. Mine is a Lodge Cast Iron and I absolutely love it.
They make them in all different sizes so you bet my brain has been going crazy and is excited to see what else I can come up with in miniature size! Thinking about some apple cobbler with some extra crispy crust.
Anyway back to the banana cinnamon skillet cake that you will absolutely love. This baby is gluten free, has no refined sugar or oil, and is super flexible when it comes to toppings or add-ins. I used granola on top for mine, but I think adding nuts or chocolate wouldn’t be a bad idea either.
Making this banana bread skillet will take you literally ten minutes to prep and then you just pop it in the oven and boom. Done.
So easy and so delicious. Your friends are going to be begging you to make this time and time again!
- 2 overripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup honey
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup almond butter (or other nut butter)
- 2 room temperature eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup gluten free flour (I haven't tried others but I'm guessing regular or whole wheat would work)
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon (or as cinnamon-y as you would like it!)
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease your case iron with coconut oil, I put some on a paper towel and wiped mine down pretty heavily.
- In a large bowl, mix mashed bananas with honey and coconut oil.
- Stir in almond butter until fully combined.
- Beat in egg, add vanilla.
- In small bowl, combine baking soda, flour., and cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir to combine.
- Pour into greased cast iron.
- Bake for 20 min and let cool before serving.
- Store in fridge for up to one week.
Let me know if you make it!