Chocolate Bliss Balls are the perfect snack to provide quick energy when that midday slump hits!
I am the queen of making easy snacks. Without them, I really don’t think I would be able to survive the day because all I know is that when 3:00 p.m. hits, I want something easy or else I’m going to go ham on whatever I can find lying around at work.
For as long as I’ve started this blog, I’ve been sharing different bites and ball recipes because they are so easy to make, require minimal ingredients, and are the best portable snack.
This version is a chocolate bliss ball, but the ingredients are flexible. If you don’t have cashews, sub almonds or another nut. I used chocolate nut butter but I understand that not everyone has that one hand. Get creative – add cocoa powder along with regular nut butter and you got yourself some chocolate nut butter.
That’s the best part about these balls. They are very forgiving and taste great with a bunch of add ins or not many add ins at all.
Have fun with them and if you have any ideas for future flavors, let me know!
- ¾ cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup almonds
- 1 Tbsp. cacao powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup nut butter (I used nuttzo Chocolate power fuel) - may want to add extra cacao if not chocolate nut butter.
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Place oats in a food processor and blend until flour like consistency.
- Add in nuts and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add in remaining ingredients and process until well combined. Let blend together for a couple of minutes, scraping down the sides as needed. May need to add water to keep it together.
- Roll into balls and store in freezer or refrigerator.