Gluten free trail mix cookies that make for a perfect night time treat!
Okay, you are going to LOVE these gluten free trail mix cookies so much. They seriously are so easy to make and are perfect because you can literally throw anything in them.
I have been loving creating new cookie recipes for you guys because while I don’t have any allergies, I know many of my readers do. I’m proud to say that this is one of the best gluten-free cookies I have ever made.
Only problem with making a whole batch of these? You’re going to be tempted to eat the entire batch in one sitting. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
But that is okay because these cookies are made with some of the best ingredients and are packed with nutrients. If I’m going to eat a large amount of cookies, at least they can be somewhat good for me, right?
And one of the things that I love about these is that you literally have no idea they are gluten-free. Both of my parents and my boyfriend absolutely loved them and wouldn’t have had any clue that there wasn’t flour.
You will love these gluten free trail mix cookies!
- 1 cup old fashioned oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- 1⅓ cup almond flour
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup almond butter (not super drippy)
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 room temperature eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup each of any add-in, I chose pumpkin seeds, dried cherries, chocolate chips, raisins, sunflower seeds (could also add any nut, cranberries, chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl, mix oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt together.
- In medium bowl, combine honey, almond butter, and oil.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly add wet ingredients to dry and stir until fully combined.
- Fold in your add-ins of choice.
- Roll into balls (size of choice, I did around 2 Tbsp) and place onto parchment paper lined tray.
- Press down with fingers and pop into oven.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.