Our Trip to Nashville
Tom and I were in Nashville last week and I don’t think that either of us expected to have that much fun. We went in with low expectations and they were all completely blown away.
Nashville is a lot more than just Bachelorette parties and crazy drunk people on Broadway – in fact, its actually quite a foodie city (which Tom + I loved). We did some serious research before we left because we really love to fully embrace the food scene in any town that we are exploring. I did leave some wiggle room though in case plans changed.
While we did our fair share of eating, we also did our fair share of drinking, live-music listening, and football watching. We had so much fun!
If anyone is headed to Nashville in the near future, please reach out! The photos below don’t do it justice, and many of the “real” restaurants we went to at dinner, I left my phone tucked away to enjoy the one-on-one time.
Exploring 12 South
First night rooftop drinks at Acme
Last night drinks at Acme (we loved the rooftop if you couldn’t tell!)
Enjoying the views at Acme
If you see Amelia’s flower truck, you must stop. It’s a fresh flower truck that drives around
the city and stops at different places – how cute, right?!
We went ziplining one day and had so much fun!
Breakfast acai bowls on the first morning, extra peanut butter for us 🙂
Five Daughters Bakery has the best donuts in Nashville! I got two of the paleo ones and ate them right up!
Breakfast at Box in 12 South – that homemade sweet potato biscuit was incredible!
Best breakfast of the trip: Frothy Monkey. That breakfast biscuit in the center was something else….yum.
and the best (and least healthy:)) meal of all? Hattie B’s Hot Chicken! SO GOOD!
Other things we did not pictured:
- Country Music Hall of Fame
- Ryman Auditorium
- Explore 12 South Neighborhood (Draper James (Reese Witherspoon store), Nashville sign, cute boutiques + cafes)
- Nashville Pedal Tavern Tour (SO fun!)
- Tailgate Vanderbilt football game
- Adventure Works Zipline
- Walked around State Capitol area
Other places we ate/drank:
- Epice for dinner (the BEST Lebanese food – tom had steak and I had salmon, hummus, dips, good cocktails)
- Pinewood Social for great cocktails and great food (try the fried broccoli!!)
- Valentine roof for drinks
- Caviar and Bananas for lunch + coffee
- Rolf + Daughters – this was my favorite meal of the trips. So amazing. Hard to get a reservation sometimes but plan ahead!
- Mas Tacos for the best tacos you will ever have
- Jeni’s Ice Cream
- Homemade popsicles at Las Paletas
We had the best trip ever! You will love it!