These Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are perfectly soft and cakey with a delicious pumpkin spice flavor.
Pumpkin season is officially upon us and I am fully on-board with the trend. I want pumpkin everything from breakfast to dessert, if it has pumpkin in it, you can guarantee that I’m eating it.
I went home this past weekend with one thing on my mind: I want to make soft, cakey pumpkin cookies – with chocolate of course. There is something about a pillow soft cookie with melty chocolate that makes this girl happy, anyone else?
Typically when I make something for the blog, I try to have some self-control and only eat one until after a proper meal, but I ate four of these in one sitting. No shame, no guilt. These cookies are THAT good. I wanted everyone to try them but then remembered I was home alone dog sitting this weekend and no chocolate allowed for the pup.
The cookies are so soft that they literally melt in your mouth. I know I say this a lot, but I really think that these may be one of the best things I’ve ever baked for this blog. They are really simple too – just mix all of the ingredients together, let the dough chill for at least an hour, and bake. Your family and friends will thank you.
These cookies are made with majority oat flour, which is one of my favorites to bake with because it is so soft. I haven’t tried them with any other flour but I can imagine it would be similar. For an alternative to oat flour, I would suggest almond flour or maybe even whole wheat. Give it a try but be sure to let me know!
Here’s to hoping they make it until the rest of the family gets home.
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice (optional, but I like extra spice)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup oat flour (if making, pulse oats in food processor until flour consistency-measure after blending)
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted coconut oil, pumpkin, coconut sugar, egg, and vanilla
- Whisk until completely combined.
- Stir in the cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, salt, oat flour, and coconut flour.
- Once combined, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Chill the dough for at least one hour in refrigerator - (important step)
- Once chilled, roll into two tablespoon size balls and place on baking sheet. Press down slightly.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes.
- Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container