Vegan Coconut Almond Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
What a mouthful of a name. Vegan Coconut Almond Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies and they are actually gluten-free and dairy-free too but I figured that might be too much for a title.
Considering the fact that summer is almost here, one would think that a healthy living blogger needs to be posting salads, super-food smoothies, and “detox” – cringe – foods, right? Heck, no! I’m coming at ya today with a delicious cookie recipe that I made intentionally for breakfast! Yes, cookies for breakfast.
Now, I’m always looking for taste testers before I share the recipe on my blog, so I recently brought these babies to a friends house because things don’t always go according to planned in the taste department. Once they pass the test of other’s approval, I bring it here to share with you. Luckily, these passed with flying colors.
These coconut almond oatmeal cookies turn out so incredible soft, almost cake-y, and literally buttery, however there isn’t any actual butter in these babes. Dress them up with chocolate chips, slather with nut butter, or dip in your favorite milk!
- 1 tbsp flax meal + 2.5 tbsp water (mixed together and set aside (flax egg))
- ⅓ cup quick oats
- 1 cup oat flour (oats pulsed in food processor)
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp non-dairy milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- In large bowl mix oats, oat flour, almonds, coconut, baking powder + soda, and salt together
- In medium bowl, add the flax egg, almond butter, maple syrup, applesauce, milk, and vanilla
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until dough forms
- Form into approx ~ 2 tbsp-sized dough and place on cookie sheet
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Let cool completely before storing.