- 2 cups rolled oats (certified gluten free if necessary)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 3/4 cups almond milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 medium apples, diced small
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (or other nut)
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease an 8×8 casserole dish. If using a different size, adjust cook time.
- In a large bowl, mix together the rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the almond milk, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Add the wet mixture to dry mixture and stir until combined.
- Add in the apples and pecans.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and press down to make sure oats are soaked. Sprinkle on a few extra pecans and apple pieces, if desired.
- Bake, uncovered, for around 40-45 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then serve.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Category: breakfast, gluten-free, dairy-free, meal prep
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: winter baked oatmeal, apple baked oatmeal, winter breakfast, meal prep breakfast