- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 2 cups chopped green beans
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 can dark kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can light kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups water
- 1.5 cups ditalini pasta (elbow or orecchiette also works)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- In a large dutch oven or soup pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add onion, carrots, and celery once hot. Let cool 7-8 minutes or until carrots have started to soften.
- Add in green beans and garlic. Then add salt, pepper, oregano, and thyme. Stir.
- Pour in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, vegetable broth, and water and then cover. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, let simmer 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Add in pasta, and cook another 10 minutes uncovered, stirring occasionally. Add in parsley with a minute or two left, then turn off heat and add in parmesan cheese. Stir it all until well combined.
- Serve and top with more cheese and red pepper flakes if you like a kick!
Category: soup, dinner, lunch, noodlesMethod: stovetopCuisine: AmericanDiet: Low Calorie