- 2 large chicken breasts (~1.5lbs)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups panko breadcrumb
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup neutral oil, with more as needed (vegetable, smooth olive oil, avocado oil)
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, chopped small
- 1 cup croutons
- 1 cup shredded parmesan (or more grated)
- 1/2 cup caesar dressing (I used this one)
- 4 extra large burrito wraps
- Slice chicken in half through the width, like butterflying but cutting all the way through.
- Pound each of the 4 chicken pieces into 1/4 inch thick using a meat pounder or rolling pin.
- Set up a station in three wide bowls. In the first bowl, mix the flour and salt and pepper. In the second bowl, whisk both eggs. In the third bowl, mix together the panko and parmesan cheese.
- Coat each chicken breast evenly in flour on both sides, then dip the chicken breasts into the egg mixture and coat well. After the egg mixture, dip into the breadcrumb mixture and coat very well, pressing into breadcrumbs and covering the whole surface of chicken on both sides. Repeat until all chicken has been coated.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat and add the oil.
- Once hot, add two chicken breasts at a time, cooking for 4-5 minutes on each side. Set chicken breasts aside on paper towel lined plate and repeat until all are cooked.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, add lettuce, croutons, parmesan, and caesar dressing. Toss till combined.
- Slice chicken cutlets into bite sized pieces. Add to salad mixture and toss.
- In a large wrap, add salad mixture and wrap tightly. Cut in half and serve.
Category: lunch, chicken, wrapMethod: stovetopCuisine: American