Paleo Chocolate Almond Butter Shortbread Bars are a rich and decadent healthy treat, yet completely gluten-free and dairy-free!
Almond Butter filling
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt (if unsalted almond butter)
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease an 8×8 pan
- In a bowl, mix together all shortbread ingredients.
- Pour into 8×8 pan and flatten. Pierce with fork several times along the top so air can escape.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (until starting to turn golden brown).
- Let cool completely (I made my crust the day before).
- In a separate bowl, mix almond butter, maple syrup, coconut flour, coconut oil, and salt.
- Pour the almond butter mixture over the crust and place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- While the crust and almond butter is chilling, pour chocolate chips in heat proof bowl.
- Heat can of coconut milk on stove over medium heat.
- Once milk starts to boil, pour over chocolate chips and stir continuously until completely melted.
- Pour chocolate coconut mixture over almond butter mixture and allow to cool in fridge for at least an hour.
- If not eating within few days, store in freezer. (I enjoyed them in the freezer more!)
- Category: gluten-free, dessert, dairy-free
Keywords: paleo gluten-free shortbread bars, triple layer chocolate bars