- 12 oz fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 jalapeno, diced small – deseeded
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 large orange, juice and zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
Cream Cheese Mixture:
- 2 blocks softened 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1 3/4 cup shredded cheddar (divided)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- green onion for topping
- crackers, crostini, apples, cucumbers for serving.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Add all cranberry sauce ingredients to saucepan and heat over medium heat until boiling
- Reduce heat and allow cranberries to burst .This should take about 8-10 minutes. Once burst, smash cranberries with fork or potato masher.
- Heat until sauce has thickened. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Stir together softened cream cheese, 1 cup cheddar cheese, garlic powder, and salt.
- Spread into bottom of 6×10 or dip casserole dish (on the small side so it isn’t spread too thin).
- Pour cranberry mixture on top, and then add 3/4 cup shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until bubbling. Sprinkle green onion on top. Let cool a few minutes before serving.