Want to learn how to make creamy steel cut oatmeal that is healthy and thick? This easy recipe has you covered. Made with steel cut oats, maple syrup, and almond milk, this oatmeal is the best for vegan and dairy free eaters alike.
- Add oats and almond milk to a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes. Be sure to stir occasionally.
- Once mixture has thickened up, turn off heat. It will continue to get thicker as it sits.
- Add in mashed banana, coconut oil, syrup, peanut butter, and salt. Use a fork to whisk and break up any chunks.
- Add toppings of choice and serve immediately.
- If making for the week ahead, just add a splash of almond milk and reheat in the morning in the microwave or on the stove top.
- Category: breakfast, gluten-free
Keywords: oatmeal, whipped, banana, steel-cut