An easy dairy-free pesto recipe made with nutritional yeast, basil, olive oil, and nuts, and is perfect as a pasta sauce, on chicken, or on your favorite pizza. You’re going to be trying to find ways to include this vegan pesto sauce on everything!
- 3 cups basil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup pine nuts (or other nut or seed like walnuts or pumpkin seeds)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional – can replace with parmesan cheese if not dairy free)
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or high-powered blender, like a vitamix.
- Process until well-combined and to desired texture, scraping down sides as needed.
- Taste and add additional lemon juice or salt if needed.
- Store in fridge for up to one week.