- 4 large chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flake
- 1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup light mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 5 oz bag spinach, microwaved to wilted consistency.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Prepare your chicken by butterflying each breast, cutting about 4 inches through but not all the way through so it is still one big piece.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, garlic, salt, pepper, and oregano. Stir in wilted spinach until all combined.
- Add about 1/4 the mixture to the inside of each chicken breast and then close it shut. If necessary, use a couple toothpicks to hold both sides of the chicken breast together.
- Coat the outside of the chicken with the oil/spice mixture.
- Heat a large pan with 1 tbsp oil over medium-high heat and sear chicken 3 minutes each side.
- Stick pan directly in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until internal temp reaches 165F.