- 2 1/4 cup white flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 3/4 cup softened butter (1.5 sticks)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla
Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer, beat together butter and sugar. Add in egg and beat until creamy.
- Beat in molasses and vanilla.
- Slowly add flour to wet ingredients and continue to blend until all dough has been mix together.
- Chill dough for 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 375F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a small cookie scoop or 1.5 tbsp of dough, roll into balls.
- Mix together sugar and cinnamon and roll each dough ball into sugar mixture.
- Space 2 inches apart on baking dish. Bake for 13 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then move to cookie rack. Cool. Store in airtight container.
Category: cookies, holiday, christmasMethod: ovenCuisine: American