- 4 cups Gluten Free All Purpose Flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 GF Baking Flour or King Arthur GF)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup chilled butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 8–10 tbsp milk (add in by one tablespoon at a time, you want it moist and able to form a ball easily)
- 6 medium sized apples, peeled, cored and sliced thin (3 sweet apples and 3 tart apples, I used Honeycrisp and Granny Smith)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp gluten-free flour
– Egg wash, one egg beaten to brush on top
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, and salt.
- Using a pastry cutter or fork, blend butter into flour mixture until small crumbs are formed and it is well incorporated.
- Add in eggs, mixture will still be fairly dry.
- Slowly add in milk until ball starts to form and crust resembles dough. Wrap into balls in saran wrap.
- Place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Add cored, peeled, and sliced apples to a bowl.
- Add lemon juice, coconut sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt to apples and mix.
- Stir until apples are completely coated.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a pie dish.
- Take your dough out of the fridge and cut in half. Take half and place between two sheets of parchment paper.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out to the size of your pie pan. Repeat this twice so you have two crusts.
- On one crust, peel off once side of parchment paper and place greased pie dish upside down on crust.
- Flip it over and press down into dish, ensuring the crust is flat on the dish, tucked into the sides and flat against the walls. The crust may roll over the sides, but that is okay as we will pinch it with the top layer.
- Place apples into pie crust and stack them up high, they will shrink down during cooking.
- On other crust, peel off parchment paper and layer onto top of apples. Pinch sides together or use a fork to seal. You may have excess crust that you can discard or create an apple design for the top.
- Brush top crust and seals with egg wash.
- Bake in a 350F oven for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Let cool completely before serving.
- Store at room temperature for 3-4 days.