This recipe for gluten free peppermint brownies is one of my favorite healthy brownie recipes because they are incredible fudgy and taste like a thin mint cookie. The mint and chocolate flavor is one of the best for holiday baking! Topped with whipped coconut cream and crushed candy canes for an extra festive touch.
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 3/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup Chocolate chips
- 2 cups coconut whipped cream (store bought or homemade)
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- crushed candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper or oil.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, coconut sugar, maple syrup, coconut oil, and peppermint.
- In a separate small bowl, stir together flour, cacao powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, stirring until fully combined.
- Pour batter into prepared dish and bake for 16-18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before adding toppings.
- Store in fridge.
- Category: gluten-free, dessert, dairy-free
Keywords: holiday baking, gluten free brownies, peppermint brownies, gluten free, dairy free, grain free