Spicy, creamy, and delicious healthier buffalo chicken dip made with lighter ingredients and will leave you feeling good after indulging in the best party appetizer! Made with lightened up dairy and buffalo sauce, this makes for the best healthy game day snack!
- 2 12.5 oz cans of chicken or 2.5 cups of finely shredded chicken breasts
- 1 8oz package light cream cheese or Neufchatel, softened.
- 1/2 cup Franks hot sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- optional toppings: green onion, cheddar cheese, blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F and grease a baking dish. You can use any round or square dish around 8×8. If using bigger, reduce cooking time.
- In a large bowl, shred chicken with fork.
- Add in softened cream cheese, hot sauce, cheese, and greek yogurt and stir until combined.
- Mix in green onion, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Pour into greased baking dish.
- Bake in oven for 16-20 minutes or until bubbly throughout.
- Top with blue cheese and more green onion and serve immediately. I like to serve mine with veggies and tortilla chips.
Keywords: healthier buffalo chicken dip, buffalo chicken dip, gluten free, super bowl dips, super bowl appetizers, healthy appetizers