This healthier sweet potato casserole is a lightened up version of the Thanksgiving classic. Made with rolled oats, pecan, and oat flour, this sweet potato casserole will be the highlight of the Thanksgiving table!
Sweet potato base:
- 3lbs sweet potatoes, about 4 cups mashed.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Bake sweet potatoes at 425 with holes poked in them for 30 minutes, flip, then bake
for another 15-30 depending on size. They should be completely soft to the touch.
- Cut open and let cool completely.
- Begin working on the topping while sweet potatoes cool.
- In a bowl, mix together oats, pecans, oat flour, cinnamon, and salt.
- Mix in melted butter and maple syrup until completely combined.
- Once potatoes are cooled, peel skin off, discard, and place flesh food processor.
- Add egg, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt and blend until smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
- Pour sweet potato mixture into a 3 qt baking dish.
- Sprinkle crumble picture over top of the sweet potatoes until almost all the way covered in a flat layer.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 or until golden brown on top.
- Category: thanksgiving, gluten-free, vegetarian
- Method: bake
Keywords: healthy sweet potato casserole, thanksgiving side dish, sweet potatoes mashed, healthy thanksgiving