Healthy cashew chicken stir fry is the best clean eating Chinese food takeout recipe that you’ll ever have! It’s easy to make and is packed with healthy ingredients like peppers, cashews, and served over cauliflower rice!
- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts, diced into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups roughly chopped broccoli
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts
- 3/4 cup cashews
- Make sure your chicken and veggies are chopped and ready to be cooked. Set aside.
- Prepare the sauce by whisking together all of the ‘sauce’ ingredients in a small bowl. Set it aside.
- In a large pan, heat 1 tbsp oil.
- Cook your chicken breasts until almost all the way cooked, about 5 minutes, turning a few times.
- Once mostly cooked, take the chicken out of the pan and set aside.
- Add 1 more tbsp oil to the pan and throw the bell pepper and broccoli in.
- After sauteing for 3-4 minutes, add in the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 more minute.
- Stir in the sauce and let it thicken.
- Once it starts to thicken, stir back in the chicken and add the cashews.
- Cook for a few more minutes until thickened.
- Serve over rice or cauliflower rice! Sprinkle with more cashews and sesame seeds.
- Category: dinner, gluten-free
Keywords: healthy takeout, chinese takeout, cashew chicken, healthy chinese