These healthy mini apple pies are made from wholesome natural ingredients like apples, almond flour, and coconut sugar. They are gluten free and dairy free, and they taste like fall in a little mini pie!
- 2 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 apples, diced small (I did one Granny Smith and one Gala)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (or brown)
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves)
- Preheat oven to 325F. Prepare muffin tin by greasing.
- In a large bowl, mix the almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt with a whisk.
- In a small bowl, combine egg, honey, and oil.
- Add to almond flour mixture and stir till combined.
- Chill dough in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Press 1-2 Tbsp dough into small muffin pan being sure you create a dent in the middle.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool completely before adding apple topping.
- While crusts baking, combine apples, sugar, and spices. Stir and divide among crust cups.
- No need to bake, as the apples will soften as they sit, however, you can place them in the oven for a few minutes if you want extra caramelization.
- Store in refrigerator if not enjoying immediately.
Pro tip: use any leftover apple filling on oats!
- Category: gluten-free, dessert, dairy-free
Keywords: healthy apple pie, miniature apple pie, healthy gluten free dessert