- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12oz box brown rice fusilli pasta, uncooked (I used Jovial)
- 1 large head broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 1 package sliced mushrooms
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups jarred pasta sauce (I used Rao’s)
- 3 cups low sodium stock (chicken or veggie)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flake
- 1 bag fresh spinach
- parmesan cheese for topping
- In a large sauce pan or dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add in onion and saute until translucent. Add in garlic for a quick minute until fragrant.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients, from the pasta to the red pepper flakes, and stir until everything is combined.
- Cover with lid and bring to boil.
- Once boiling, lower heat to medium-low and cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid is absorbed. There can be a little liquid left as it will thicken as it continues to sit, but you don’t want it to be soup-y.
- Turn off the heat and add in bag of spinach. Stir and cover with lid. Let sit for 5 minutes. Stir and at this time most of the liquid should be absorbed.
- Top with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Category: one-pot, dinnerMethod: stoveCuisine: AmericanDiet: Gluten Free