- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt (if almond butter isn’t salted, if it is then omit)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup natural almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease an 8×8 pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together almond flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg and coconut sugar.
- Add in coconut oil, stir, then add almond butter and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir till combined. Pour into greased pan.
- In a small saucepan, bring almond butter, coconut sugar, coconut oil, and almond milk to slow boil over medium-low heat, whisking frequently. Once bubbling, cook for two minutes and once coconut sugar has dissolved, turn off heat. Then whisk in vanilla and salt. Caramel will thicken as it cools but will burn if you keep it on the burner too long.
- Pour half of the caramel on top of the unbaked blondies, and swirl around using a knife. They won’t penetrate the blondies but will sit on top and sink in as it bakes.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes or until center comes out clean with a toothpick. If you use a bigger pan, lower baking time.
- Let cool completely before topping with remaining caramel. Sprinkle with sea salt if desired.
- Store on counter or in fridge.