- 1/4 cup coconut cream (or the white hard part at the top of the coconut milk can)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
optional: flaked sea salt, melted chocolate + chopped pecans for topping.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together all cookie ingredients until well combined.
- Shape into cookies and press down center by using the back of a teaspoon measuring spoon. Form them so they have less cracks on the side while still having a dent in the center. They will flatten as they cook.
- Bake for 20 minutes and once they are golden brown, take out of oven and use teaspoon measuring spoon to press down center again to ensure indent.
- While cookies are cooling, start making caramel by adding coconut cream, coconut sugar, coconut oil, and salt in a medium sauce pan. Turn head on medium and stir consistently.
- Once caramel comes to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and stir constantly for 10-15 minutes or until thickened. It will thicken with time over low heat, but will burn on high heat!
- Once caramel has thickened, turn off heat and add vanilla.
- Add 1 tsp of caramel to each cookie.
- Optional drizzle with melted chocolate, sprinkle with finely chopped pecans, and extra flaked sea salt.