Healthy Stuffed Pepper Soup is a cozy, delicious, warm soup that’s perfect for the winter months. It’s low-carb, paleo-friendly, and made with cauliflower rice!
- 1 lb ground beef (can use turkey or chicken)
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded + diced
- 1 small green pepper, deseeded + diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 14.5oz cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 15oz can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2–3 cups beef broth, depending on how thick you want it to be
- 3 cups frozen cauliflower rice
- In a large pot or dutch oven, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium high heat. Once cooked, drain the meat.
- In the same pan (without the meat), heat remaining olive oil over medium high heat. Add onion and peppers and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add in garlic and cook for a minute.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and parsley. Then add the meat back in.
- Stir in spices and broth. Let simmer over low for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In the last five minutes, add in frozen cauliflower rice. Stir. The heat will cook the rice.
- Serve! Optional: add cheese and parsley.
* to make in the Instant Pot: Saute meet with olive oil, onion, and peppers on saute function. Add in garlic at the last minute. Turn off saute function and add in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, parsley. Place lid on and cook manual for 10 minutes. Let naturally release for 10 minutes then quick release. Stir in cauliflower rice. It will cook in the hot soup.
- Category: dinner, gluten-free, paleo, grain-free
- Method: stove top
Keywords: healthy stuffed pepper soup, healthy soup, easy one pan soup, winter meals