- 4 carrot sticks, peeled and chopped
- 4 celery sticks, chopped
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 3 lemons, juiced
- 1.5 cups uncooked orzo
- 3 large chicken breasts, cooked + diced into pieces (alternatively 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken)
- 1/2 bag of spinach
- Prepare veggies as needed.
- In a large dutch oven or sauce pan, heat avocado oil.
- Add onions, carrots, and celery to pan. Let cook for 5 minutes or until beginning to soften.
- Add in garlic, salt, pepper, and thyme. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Pour in chicken broth and the juice of three lemons. Cover with lid and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add in orzo and cooked chicken. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off heat and add in spinach. The soup will thicken as it sits. Serve!
Store in fridge for up to 5 days or freezer for longer.
Category: dinner, lunch, meal-prep, gluten-free, soupMethod: stovetopCuisine: American