- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg, room temp
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a standard 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together an egg, maple syrup, and coconut oil. If coconut oil begins to harden, it is because the egg/maple syrup was too cold.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until fully combined.
- Roll into 12 even balls and place one in each muffin tin cup, then press them down around the sides, creating a cup. The dough should only go up halfway of the cup, not to the top.
- Bake for 14 minutes or until beginning to turn golden brown.
- While baking, prepare filling.
- To a small saucepan, add coconut oil, maple syrup, and coconut sugar over medium-high heat. Once bubbling, reduce heat to medium-low, let boil for 2 minutes, stirring the entire time.
- Turn off heat, add vanilla, almond milk and pecans, and stir until completed coated.
- Divide pecans evenly into crusts, piling them up a little until all pecans are used.
- Place back in oven for 15 minutes.
- Let cool at least 20 minutes before eating.
- Store in fridge.