- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil – melted
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp almond milk (or other if nut free)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease 8×8 inch baking pan or a bread loaf pan with cooking spray. Use a bread loaf pan if you want thicker squares.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, oats, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl beat coconut oil, coconut sugar, egg, and vanilla
- Add dry ingredients into wet and stir in almond milk. Then add in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; spreading evenly with a rubber spatula.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes ( or 14-16 minutes for bread pan) Let cool on a wire rack then cut into squares.
- Store on counter for up to 5 days or freezer for longer.
Category: dessert, breakfastMethod: bake