Time travel to childhood with this Orange Creamsicle Smoothie. Made with vanilla, oranges, and coconut milk, it tastes just like the popsicles you enjoyed when you were a kid!
The most delicious creamsicle shake
Remember when you were a kid and heard the ice cream truck coming up the street? What would you order? For me, it was always the orange creamsicle popsicle. Oh my goodness, those tasted like heaven!
And now, though I could definitely go for a creamsicle or 5, I know that I can get the same great taste with healthier ingredients. Enter: a refreshing, tangy orange creamsicle smoothie.
This orangesicle smoothie is an absolute dream! It’s icy, orangey, and tastes creamy like the popsicles we used to enjoy. Made with real oranges, yogurt, coconut milk, and honey, its filled with healthier ingredients and makes the perfect afternoon snack!
Ingredients in an orange creamsicle smoothie
To make orange creamsicle shakes, you’ll need 6 different ingredients. Coconut milk is used as the liquid because it’s rich and flavorful, and honey is used as an all natural sweetener.
- Oranges: First up, peel and remove the seeds from 2 oranges.
- Ice: 1.5 cups of ice will add the perfect amount of refreshing iciness to the smoothie.
- Coconut milk: Next, you will need 1 can of coconut milk. Only use the thick white part at the top. You can save the rest incase you need more liquid for the smoothie later on.
- Yogurt: Add 1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt to thicken the mixture.
- Honey: 2 tbsp of honey adds a great, subtle flavor.
- Vanilla extract: Finally, finish the recipe with 2 tsp of vanilla!
Tools needed to make this smoothie
You don’t need many items to make creamsicle smoothies. Just grab your blender, a spatula (for scraping down the sides of the blender if needed), and some measuring cups! For measuring, you will need 1 tsp, 1 tbsp, 1/2 cup, and 1 cup.
How to make an orange cream smoothie
You know a recipe is easy to make when the most time consuming part involves peeling oranges! Creating these smoothies should take no more than 3 minutes, tops.
First, add the ingredient to a high powdered blender. Add them in the order listed above.
Blend until completely smooth. Add extra coconut milk liquid from the bottom of the can if the mixture is too thick.
Serve and enjoy!
How to add protein
If you’re looking for your shake to supply a bit of extra oomph, add a scoop of your favorite protein powder! This addition adds protein (of course), but it also helps create an even stronger creamsicle flavor with that hint of vanilla!
Get extra fancy with it by garnishing your smoothie with your favorite toppings, like whipped cream, orange slices, orange zest, or even a strawberry slice!
Creamsicle shakes can be made a lot of different ways. Some people make it with orange juice versus coconut milk, and others swap one of the oranges with a banana for a thicker, denser shake! Whatever ingredient combo you try, this smoothie is sure to be delish.
You can skip the ice and replace it with a frozen banana. This creates an equally icy smoothie, but with extra flavor!
Not a fan of coconut milk? That’s okay! Try swapping it with orange juice. Note: The shake will not be as thick.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
If you want some more fruity recipes in your life, I highly suggest these! The mango pineapple salsa is an absolute hit.
Recipe by Erin Morrissey and Photos by The Mindful Hapa
- 2 oranges, peeled and seeded
- 1.5 cups ice
- 1 can coconut milk, just the thick white part at the top. Save the liquid to add if smoothie is thick.
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a high powered blender, add ingredients in order of listing.
- Blend until completely smooth, adding any extra coconut milk liquid from the bottom of the can if too thick.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂