- 1 cup almond flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
Peanut Butter Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350F and line cupcake tin with cupcake liners
- In a small bowl, mix almond flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda.
- In a larger bowl, whisk pumpkin with eggs until very well combined and smooth.
- Add in maple syrup, oil, almond butter and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, stirring until fully combined.
- If desired, fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop into cupcake tin and fill 3/4 the way.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
For the frosting:
- In a food processor, blend all ingredients until completely smooth. You will need to stop and scrape down sides at least once.
- Let cool in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Pipe onto completely cooled cupcakes.
- Top with more crushed peanut butter cups
Store in fridge.