A healthy snack lover’s childhood dream, Peanut Butter and Jelly Bites are made gluten-free, refined sugar free, vegan, and filled with creamy peanut butter and homemade jelly. These little healthy bites are perfect for afternoon snack or even an after dinner dessert!
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup dates (soak dates for 30 min in warm water if not soft)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
Peanut Butter layer:
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries)
- 1.5 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
1. Prepare the chia jam according to blog post.
2. While the chia jam is cooling, blend your cashews in a food processor until fairly fine.
3. Add in your dates and blend until well combined with no big chunks.
5. Form about two tablespoons of dough into a mini muffin tin, creating an indentation for the jam. Place in freezer for 15 minutes before adding in the peanut butter.
6. While crust is freezing, melt peanut butter and coconut oil together just until well combined. Mine took 15 seconds in the microwave.
7. Assemble by adding 1 tsp peanut butter filling to crusts and then freeze for fifteen minutes.
8. Then add the chia seed layer and freeze for another 15.
9. Store in fridge or freezer.
- Category: snack, gluten free, vegan
Keywords: gluten free, peanut butter and jelly, vegan, healthy snacks