- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cups almond flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
Pecan Pie Filling:
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper or oil.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, coconut sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- In a separate small bowl, stir together almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, stirring until fully combined.
- Pour batter into prepared dish and bake for 15-18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let brownies cool for ten minutes while preparing pecan topping.
- In a saucepan, heat coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla until boiling (about 3-4 minutes), stirring consistently.
- Once boiling, constantly stir and let bubble for one minute and then turn off heat. Cooking longer will result in burnt sugar.
- Stir in almond milk and pecans.
- Pour mixture over cooled crust and bake in oven for 20-22 minutes.
- Let cool on counter for 15 minutes and then in the fridge for at leaset two hours before cutting.
- Store in fridge