- 12 oz dried pasta (I used brown rice fusilli)
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 small yellow squash
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1.5 cups mozzarella balls, cut in half
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (or cashews/almonds)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp red or white wine vinegar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- optional: 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Cut zucchini and yellow squash into bite size pieces and then saute on stove top for about 10 minutes, or until softened.
- Add your pasta to a large bowl, and add the zucchini, squash, tomatoes, mozzarella balls, pine nuts and Italian seasoning. Set aside.
- Using an immersion blender, regular blender, or food processor, combine all of your pesto ingredients and blend until completely smooth. I use an immersion blender.
- Pour dressing over top of pasta and veggies and toss until completely coated.
- Top with more pine nuts and parmesan cheese.