These Vanilla Coconut Cashew Truffles are the perfect little sweet treat and taste like an Almond Joy, but better!
Last weekend, I had the biggest craving for an Almond Joy and I literally laugh when I think about that because my ten year old self would absolutely die if she heard me say that. Did anyone else absolutely hate coconut candies as a kid? I avoided them like the plague on Halloween #TeamReeses.
As I got older and I guess my tastebuds matured, I found myself absolutely in love with the coconut and chocolate combo. I even BOUGHT Almond Joys on my own accord and would choose them in a bucket of candy. I still love my Reese’s but Almond Joys are a close second.
Our local ice cream shop has an Almond Joy flavor and it is SO good – creamy, coconutty, and literally a joy. Since it is still a little too cold for an ice cream store trip, I decided to create my own version of this delicious treat.
I’ve partnered with Emmy’s Organic Cookies, one of my favorite gluten-free, vegan, and non-GMO cookie companies, to create this fun and delicious recipe! I’ve been eating Emmy’s since I first started this blog, they were one of the first products I bought with my own money to put on top of my smoothies, oatmeal, and as snacks. They are LEGIT, taste incredible with minimal ingredients, and were started by a badass couple (who are amazing!! – I’ve gotten to meet Sam in person and she is a gem!)
You’ve probably seen some of their products in Starbucks, but you can also order online and use code ERINLIVESWHOLE for 20% off!!
- In a food processor, blend cashews, vanilla, and salt until almost cashew butter consistency.
- You may need to scrape down the sides a couple of times.
- Add in Emmy’s cookies and blend.
- Once semi-smooth, scoop into bowl.
- Add in almond flour and stir till fully combined.
- Place in freezer for ten minutes to chill.
- Roll into balls and freeze completely (about 1 hour)
- Dip balls in chocolate.
- Store in fridge or freezer.