This easy veggie quiche with a walnut crust is a delicious quiche recipe perfect for weekend brunch or even meal prep! The crust is made with walnuts, providing some extra protein(4g/oz)and good fat(like 2.5g/oz of omega-3 ALA), perfect for a heart-healthy diet.
- 1 cups walnuts, toasted in oven at 300 for 10 minutes
- 1 1/3 cup AP flour
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp cold water
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1 head broccoli cut into small pieces
- 1 (5oz) bag fresh spinach
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a pie dish. I used a 9 inch but 8 inch will also work.
- In a food processor, blend together walnuts, flour, garlic, and salt until fine flour texture. Slowly drizzle in avocado oil until dough forms.
- Pour into bowl and mix in egg, slowly adding cold water as needed. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out into a circle and flip into greased pie dish. Bake for 15 minutes. Let crust cool while preparing filling.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp avocado oil. Add onion, pepper, and broccoli and saute until just soft. Add in spinach and let will down. Turn off heat and let sit for several minutes to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs with milk, salt, and pepper. Stir in half of the cheese.
- Add veggie mixture to eggs once veggies are cooled slightly and stir to combine.
- Pour egg mixture into slightly cooled crust and top with other half of cheese.
- Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes or until middle is set.
- Let cool ten minutes before serving.
- Category: breakfast, vegetarian
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: veggie quiche, vegetarian, healthy breakfast, quiche