This walnut butter and strawberry chia seed jelly sandwich is a sophisticated spin on your favorite childhood classic. Perfect for those busy days where you still want to pack a healthy lunch. This sandwich will quickly become a favorite for you and your family!
- 1 loaf of your favorite bread (we used Brioche)
- 2.5 cups walnuts
- 1/2 tsp salt
Strawberry Chia Jam
- 1 cup frozen or fresh strawberries (or other fruit like blueberries or raspberries)
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- Toast walnuts for 8 minutes in a 350F oven, shaking once halfway through.
- Once toasted, place in food processor and blend, scraping down sides as needed.
- Stir in salt and let walnuts blend, forming a powder, then a paste, then eventually a creamy butter. This may take upwards of 10 minutes.
- Let chill in fridge for 30 minutes to cool down.
- Prepare chia jam while walnut butter chills.
- Add the fruit to a saucepan and turn on low for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once warmed through, smash the berries down with the back of a fork.
- Add in maple syrup and stir.
- Turn off burner and remove from heat.
- Stir in chia seeds and let “gel”.
- You can speed up the gel process by putting in refrigerator, but they will also gel by leaving on counter. Store in fridge for up to 10 days!
- Spread one slice of brioche with walnut butter and one slice of brioche with chia jam.
- Flip together and cut down the middle!
- Category: lunch
- Method: no-bake
Keywords: walnuts, walnut butter, easy lunch sandwiches, walnut butter and jelly