This zucchini noodle salad is a great way to enjoy the last of the summer produce! Made with fresh zucchini, heirloom tomatoes, walnut pesto and creamy burrata, it is sure to brighten up your lunch hour!
For the salad:
- 1 large zucchini
- 3 large heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 8 oz burrata
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts (toast in 350F oven for 8 minutes)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
For the Walnut Pesto
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast or Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Make your pesto by combining all pesto ingredients in a food processor or high powered blender.
- Blend slowly, scraping down sides as needed until reached desired consistency. Set aside.
- Spiralize your zucchini. I used an Inspiralizer but you can also use a handheld one or a vegetable peeler.
- Add half of the pesto to your zoodles and toss until combined.
- Optional: serve with remainder of pesto on top.
- Category: dinner, salad, lunch
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: italian
Keywords: zoodle salad, caprese, walnut pesto