For the salad:
- 1 large zucchini
- 3 large heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 8 oz burrata
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts (toast in 350F oven for 8 minutes)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
For the Walnut Pesto
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast or Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Make your pesto by combining all pesto ingredients in a food processor or high powered blender.
- Blend slowly, scraping down sides as needed until reached desired consistency. Set aside.
- Spiralize your zucchini. I used an Inspiralizer but you can also use a handheld one or a vegetable peeler.
- Add half of the pesto to your zoodles and toss until combined.
- Optional: serve with remainder of pesto on top.