- 1 cup AP flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour (or all AP)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp all-spice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup shredded apple (I used honeycrisp)
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease 9×9 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flours, baking soda, spices, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk three eggs. Mix in maple syrup, oil, and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients slowly to wet until all combined. Then stir in shredded apple.
- Pour cake batter into baking dish and spread evenly.
- In a small bowl, mix together all crumble ingredients. Sprinkle on top of cake batter evenly.
- Bake for 32-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
Category: apple, fall, cake, dessertMethod: ovenCuisine: American