- 8 slices turkey bacon
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3 large russet potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped into cubes
- 1 medium head cauliflower (about 6 heaping cups, roughly chopped)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Green onion for topping
- Cook turkey bacon on stove top according to directions. I prefer it crispy, so cook about 5 minutes per side and then let cool completely.
- Add your avocado oil to a large pan or dutch oven. Once hot, add chopped onion and cook for a few minutes. Then add in garlic and seasonings, and saute a few minutes.
- Once onions are soft, add in chopped potatoes and cauliflower, followed by chicken stock.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, let cook for 10-15 minutes or until cauliflower and potatoes are fork tender.
- Using an immersion blender or regular blender, blend until completely creamy.
- Top with chopped bacon, cheese, and green onion. Serve!
Store in fridge for up to 1 week or freezer for 3 months.