- 3/4 cup softened butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2.5 cups white flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- Food dye
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together butter and sugar. Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until creamy. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet, blending with a hand mixer. Once all the flour is mixed into the dough, use a spatula to scrape down sides and make sure dough is completely combined.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a baking sheet or use parchment paper.
- Flour a large surface and rolling pin liberally. Roll dough out to 1/4-1/2 inch thickness. Cut into cookie shapes using cookie cut-outs. Re-roll scraps of dough and cut until there is no more excess dough left.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until just slightly golden.
- Let cool completely before icing.
- Mix all icing ingredients together, add different amounts of color to the mix to get desired shade.
Category: holiday, cookie, christmasMethod: ovenCuisine: American