A simple recipe for butternut squash soup that is made with 6 simple ingredients and will make for the perfect healthy dinner. This easy recipe is naturally dairy-free and whole30 friendly and comes together in less than 20 minutes.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: yogurt + thyme for garnish
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic let saute for a few minutes.
- Add in butternut squash, stock, salt, and pepper, then cover and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, crack lid and let simmer for 15 minutes or until butternut squash is fork tender.
- Using a vitamix or a hand blender, blend until completely smooth. You can leave some chunks if you would like, but I like mine smooth.
Keywords: butternut squash soup, vegan recipes, vegan food, butternut squash, healthy soup recipes