- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 6 heaping cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- optional: yogurt + thyme for garnish
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic let saute for a few minutes. Add in salt and pepper.
- Add in butternut squash and stock, then cover and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, crack lid and let simmer for 15 minutes or until butternut squash is fork tender.
- Using a vitamix or a hand blender, blend until completely smooth.
- Top with optional yogurt and thyme.
Category: dinner, lunch, entree