A delicious healthy recipe for carrot cake banana bread made with no refined sugar, plump raisins, and an easy and delish vegan cashew cream cheese frosting! Enjoy for breakfast or to bring to a holiday brunch!
Carrot Cake Banana Bread
- 2 medium overripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
Vegan Cashew Cream Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare bread pan with nonstick spray or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mashed bananas and eggs.
- Add in oil, honey, and vanilla. Stir till combined.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir until fully combined.
- Add in grated carrots, nuts, and raisins.
- Stir in any desired mix-ins.
- Pour into prepared bread pan and bake in oven for 45-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- While baking, combine frosting ingredients (cashews, filtered water, maple syrup, vanilla, salt) in a high powered blender, like a Vitamix.
- Blend until completely smooth, scraping along the sides as needed. This could take a couple minutes.
- Place in refrigerator to thicken.
- When loaf is COMPLETELY cooled, ice the top of the bread.
- Category: dessert, breakfast
Keywords: banana bread, carrot cake, dessert, breakfast, whole wheat