- 3 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 shallots, diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or regular)
- 6 oz Gruyere cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease an 8×11 baking dish.
- Slice peeled potatoes very thin, about 1/8 inch thick. Line them up in casserole dish, they should be close together and overlapping.
- In a saucepan, heat avocado oil and shallot over medium-high heat. Cook for two minutes and then add garlic, nutmeg, thyme, salt and pepper. Let cook for about 4-5 minutes or until softened.
- Turn off heat and stir in almond milk. Pour mixture evenly over top sweet potatoes.
- Add shredded gruyere evenly overtop of potatoes.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Take foil off and bake for 20 more minutes.
- Broil 4 minutes more to make cheese brown slightly, keeping an eye closely on it.
- Let sit 20 minutes before eating.
Category: holiday, dinner, side dishMethod: ovenCuisine: AmericanDiet: Gluten Free