A healthy recipe for cranberry quinoa salad that is as easy as tossing simple ingredients like fresh herbs, almonds, and feta cheese together, making a lemon dijon dressing to mix, and enjoying in less than thirty minutes!
- 1 cup dry quinoa, rinsed.
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped green scallion
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
To see how it’s made, watch the video above in the post!
- Rinse your quinoa in a fine mesh strainer and then add to a saucepan.
- Add in veggie stock and turn on heat.
- Bring to a rolling boil, then stir and turn the heat down to low and cover.
- Cook for 15 minutes covered.
- Turn off heat and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, open lid and fluff with fork.
- Your quinoa should have absorbed all the water, if not, return to heat for a few more minutes.
- Pour quinoa into bowl for cooling.
- Assemble the dressing while you wait.
- Whisk together oil, lemon juice, garlic, dijon mustard, salt and pepper in one bowl.
- Once quinoa as completely cooled, add cranberries, green scallion, almonds, feta cheese, and parsley.
- Add dressing on top and mix together!
- Serve immediately or cold. This salad gets better the longer it sits in the fridge!
- Category: dinner, side dish, gluten free, vegetarian
Keywords: quinoa salad, side dishes, gluten free, healthy side dishes, vegetarian