An easy and healthy recipe for chili lime baked sweet potato fries that yield perfectly crispy, roasted fries straight from the oven! Coated with a chili lime seasoning that is a little sweet, a little salty, and a little spicy!
- 2 large sweet potatoes, washed and cut into wedges (can cut into smaller wedges for crispier)
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder (tapioca or cornstarch also work)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 425F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and cut sweet potato fries, then place them in a tub of cold water for at least one hour.
- After an hour, take fries out of water and dry off completely.
- While fries are drying, whisk together oil, lime juice, chili powder, garlic powder, pepper, and cayenne.
- Place dried fries in a bag or large mixing bowl and add arrowroot starch.
- Toss until fries are completely coated, then add the chili lime sauce.
- Toss again until completely coated and place fries evenly on baking sheet
- Bake for 20 minutes, then flip each fry.
- Bake for another 15 minutes or until golden brown. If cutting fries smaller, try 15 minutes on one side, then 10 minutes on the other.
- Season with salt after taking out of oven!
- Category: gluten-free, side dish
Keywords: gluten-free, sweet potato, fries, side dish, baked