Get ready for this Easy Baked Falafel Recipe with Tahini Sauce. It’s a vegan-friendly Mediterranean-inspired dish that’s filled with flavor and made complete with a delicious lemon juice tang.
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and dried.
- 1/4 of a large red onion
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup tahini
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed.
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2–5 tbsp cold water (depends how thin you want your sauce)
- Preheat the oven to 400F and grease a dark baking sheet with olive or avocado oil.
- In a food processor, pulse onion, cilantro, parsley, and garlic until roughly chopped. About three pulses.
- Add in chickpeas, lemon, cumin, salt, and pepper. Pulse five times for about 1 full second, scraping down the side after three pulses. You do not want your mixture to turn into mush and want to have some small pieces of chickpeas throughout, however you do want it able to stick together, just not mush!
- Take out the blade and stir in the oat flour.
- Form into patties almost like making hamburgers, and place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 13 minutes, then flip, and bake another 13 minutes.
- While falafel is baking, make tahini sauce by combining all ingredients together in a bowl. Add as much water as needed for desired consistency.
- Serve! Store in fridge for up to 5 days or freezer for 3 months.
- Category: dinner, lunch, vegan, gluten-free
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: healthy falafel, falafel, baked falafel, easy dinner, healthy dinner recipes, chickpea recipes