- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground turkey (can also use ground beef)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 28 oz jar of marinara sauce (I used Rao’s)
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 – 9 oz box no-boil lasagna noodles (I used Banza chickpea lasagna noodles)
- fresh parmesan and mozzarella on top
- In a large dutch oven or sauce pan, heat oil.
- Add onion, pepper, and zucchini and stir. Let cook until softened.
- Add in garlic and ground turkey. Cook until no longer pink. If meat releases a lot of liquid, drain once cooked through.
- Add in spices and stir. Add in marinara, tomatoes, stock, and water. Bring to boil.
- Once boiling, crush lasagna pieces into smaller pieces and add to soup.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until noodles are cooked through, stirring occasionally so noodles don’t stick to bottom.
- Top with fresh parm and mozzarella.
* freezes well!
Category: dinner, lunchMethod: stovetopCuisine: AmericanDiet: Gluten Free