- 1 cup all-purpose flour (see notes for how to make gluten-free)
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 cup corn (canned, frozen*, fresh)
- 1 tbsp butter or ghee.
- Preheat oven to 400F and stick a 10.25 inch skillet in oven to warm up while preheating.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together flour, cornmeal, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and Greek yogurt. Whisk in honey and almond milk next.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, half at a time, stirring until combined, but do not over-mix.
- Stir in corn.
- Take skillet out of oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Add butter and spread it around the skillet, greasing all sides.
- Pour batter into hot skillet and place back in oven for 20-22 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Store on counter top in airtight container or foil for up to 5 days. Freezer for longer.
For gluten-free version, sub 3/4 cup gluten-free 1-to-1 baking flour for 1 cup of regular flour. Keep everything else the same.
Defrost frozen corn before using.
This can be made in an 8×8 or 9×13 pan. Cooking time may need to be adjusted, test with a toothpick until center comes out clean.