- 2 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 3/4 cup ground walnuts (or pecans/almonds)
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract (optional but recommended)
- 1 cup powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together whole wheat flour, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, butter, ground walnuts, and salt.
- Stir in vanilla and almond extract.
- Batter will be crumbly and may seem a little dry, but it should stick together when pinched. If too dry, add a couple splashes of water.
- Using about 2 tablespoons of dough, roll into balls and press down lightly on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until set, not brown.
- Let cool completely before rolling in remaining 1 cup powdered sugar.
- Store at room temp.
Category: cookies, holiday, whole wheatMethod: bakeCuisine: american