- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 lb turkey sausage, in casing. (can be breakfast sausage or raw chicken sausage)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 14oz can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 14 oz water (I used the empty can of diced tomatoes to measure)
- 10 oz fresh tortellini (if frozen, cook 10 min longer)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or heavy cream
- 1 5oz bag fresh spinach
- Topping: parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes.
- In a large sauce pan, heat avocado oil. Once hot, add onion and saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add in turkey sausage (remove casing), and break up into crumbles. Cook until no longer pink.
- Add in garlic, italian seasoning, and pepper and saute another minute or two.
- Pour in diced tomatoes, chicken stock, balsamic vinegar, and water. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add in tortellini. Cook 10 minutes and then add in almond milk and bag of spinach.
- Cook an additional 5 minutes and then turn off heat.
- Serve with parmesan cheese! Enjoy!
Category: soup, dinner, lunch, noodlesMethod: stovetopCuisine: Italian